Manitoba Back to School Battery Recycling Contest 2016
Manitoba Schools, we need your help keeping batteries out of our landfills!
Take Pride Winnipeg and Call2Recycle are proud to announce the Manitoba Back to School Battery Recycling Contest. The school that collects the most batteries will win a donation of $1,500. 3 other schools who demonstrate good efforts and displays will be entered into a draw to win donations of $500 each!Now that competing schools have all registered, what do you need to do?
- Motivate your students to collect batteries in the summer through family, friends, neighbors, by holding battery drives and more.
- In September, decorate your school with posters and material to show the importance of battery recycling, set up a display in the lobby/outside the main office with the battery box.
- The Battery Contest will run from September 19 to September 30, 2016.
- *Send your boxes in by October 7 (see instructions below).
- Send us your stories and pictures by October 7, 2016 (CONTEST ENTRY IS NOW CLOSED)
Â What will Call2Recycle provide?
- Some important documents for you (you can make copies)
- Call2Recycle will provide battery collection boxes once you register
- Battery Contest Poster
- Battery Contest Postcard
- Battery Protection Guidelines
- FAQs about batteries
- Children’s Battery resources
- Battery Video
Important Information to share:
- Students must bring their batteries to school and drop them into the Call2Recycle battery box. Only lithium and SSLA batteries need to be bagged or their ends taped before depositing into the collection box. No need to bag or tape other batteries.
- For the small button lithium batteries, place many on a long price of tape, fold the tape over and drop into the box.
- Dented, damaged or powdery batteries should not be brought to school for the contest.
- If extra collection boxes are needed, please contact Call2 Recycle: 1-888-224-9764.