MANITOBA BACK TO SCHOOL BATTERY RECYCLING CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Contest Registration Period:
To participate in the Take Pride Winnipeg & Call2Recycle Manitoba Back to School Battery Recycling Contest, schools must enroll in Call2Recycle’s battery recycling program by June 30, 2016 at www.call2recycle.ca/back2schoolregistrationform
- Contest and Collection Period:
The Contest collection period runs from September 19-30, 2016. Battery collection boxes must be scheduled for pickup on or before Oct 7, 2016 and returned to Call2Recycle, and story/display entries must be submitted online at www.call2recycle.ca/back2schoolentryform by September 30, 2016.
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Must be a school in Manitoba
- Participation Criteria:
- Battery collection boxes must be scheduled for pickup on or before by Oct 7, 2016, and creative entries submitted online by Sept 30, 2016
- Contest entries must be submitted by a school employee with the approval of the school’s principal
- Only (1) one entry per school is permitted
- Only single-use household batteries under 5 kg and cellphones will be accepted
- Only batteries and cellphones in Call2Recycle collection boxes will be accepted
- To Participate:
- To participate in the Contest, register for (4) two Call2Recycle battery collection boxes online at www.call2recycle.ca/back2schoolregistrationform up to June 30, 2016. Battery collection boxes will arrive at participating schools by no later than September 15, 2016.
- From September 19-30, 2016 collect used single-use household batteries by establishing an exciting and creative battery recycling campaign.
- At the end of the campaign, battery collection boxes must be scheduled for pickup on or before Oct 7, 2016 and returned to Call2Recycle, and creative entries must be submitted online at www.call2recycle.ca/back2schoolentryform by Sept 30, 2016.
There are (4) four prizes, (1) one for the most batteries collected in weight, and (3) three drawn from display/story entries. The school that collects the most batteries will receive a $1,500 prize, and the 3 schools who submit story/display entries will be selected to receive a $500 prize (as determined by a panel of judges).
- Decision Date:
The (4) winners of the Contest will be announced on December 1st.
- General Rules:
By participating in the Contest, participants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of Take Pride Winnipeg and Call2Recycle, which are final. All participants release and forever discharge Take Pride Winnipeg and Call2Recycle, their advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective affiliated companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from all claims, demands, damages, actions and cases of action arising or to arise by reason of their participation in the Contest and/or the administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, the selection and awarding of prizes. Take Pride Winnipeg and Call2Recycle shall in no way bear any liability whatsoever regarding any of the entries/Prizes. In no event shall Take Pride Winnipeg and Call2Recycle be liable for any special, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with this Contest and/or the Prizes, however arising, including negligence.
Take Pride Winnipeg and Call2Recycle are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable mailing service or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspects of this Contest, as determined by Take Pride Winnipeg and Call2Recycle will be disqualified.
By participating in this Contest, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of information about you and your school by Take Pride Winnipeg and Call2Recycle for the purpose of administering this Contest.Share