Charged Up Battery Kit Contest Official Rules
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”). SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS.
- The Charged Up Battery Kit (the “Promotion”) will begin on April 22, 2018 at 12:00 a.m.EST and end on May 5, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. EST
- The deadline for entries in the Promotion is May 5, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- The winners will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries after May 5, 2018.
- The Promotion is only open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Call2Recycle, Inc. (the “Administrator”) and its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities are ineligible to enter the Promotion. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations. The Promotion is not open to residents of other countries.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Administrator will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Administrator will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
HOW TO ENTER
1. To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following methods:
VIA WEBSITE – Go to form page, then follow the instructions to enter and submit your contact information (which shall include first name and last name, complete address, city, province, postal code, telephone number, date of birth, and a valid email address) in the online entry form. Internet entries will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning the email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned by the Administrator. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Administrator. The contest/sweepstake administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING
- Five (5) winners will be selected. Each winner will receive a charged up battery kit worth a$100 value. The Administrator is solely responsible for providing the prizes.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Administratormay, in its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above. Other restrictions may apply.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Winners will be notified via an email to the email address provided by participant. If a potential winner(s) cannot be contacted, fails to complete, sign and return any required affidavit of eligibility and publicity release or fails to correctly answer the time-limited mathematical skill-testing question within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner(s) will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
- Unless otherwise specified in the prize notification, all prizes will be mailed to the winners. The winners are responsible for providing a valid mailing address to the Administrator. The Administrator, its sponsor(s), or promotional partner(s) are not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- Decisions of Administrator management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s permission for the Administrator or its agents to use his/her name, address (city and province), likeness, biographical information and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, the Administrator may, where legal, require a winner to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you:
- acknowledge that the Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to use the Materials at all; and represent and warrant that: you are 18 years of age or older and will sign the required releases; you have the full legal right, power and authority to grant to the Administrator the license provided for herein; you own or control the complete exhibition and other rights to the Materials you submitted for the purposes contemplated in this license; and neither the Materials nor the exercise of the rights granted herein shall infringe upon or violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of, or constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, any person or entity.
- Prior to awarding any prize and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the Promotion, the Administrator in its sole discretion may require verification of Promotion winner’s or winners’ identification by a showing of valid government- issued photo identification.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winner(s) agree to release and hold harmless the Administrator, its sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, any social media platform utilized in the conduct of the Promotion (including but not limited to Facebook, Inc. and Twitter.) and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. The Administrator may also require eligible Promotion winner(s), to sign a liability release confirming such consent.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals, or any other difficulties that may
prevent an individual from sending or receiving a text message; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Administrator’s control.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you understand and agree that:
- Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Promotion shall be settled by binding arbitration. The arbitration shall be conducted in the Province of Ontario, City of Toronto. THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF CANADA WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non-convenience.
- any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action (even if the rules and procedures of the arbitration tribunal allow class arbitrations);
iii. any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event and under no circumstances will entrants or winners be permitted to obtain awards for attorneys’ fees, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other form of damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased;
- if for any reason a claim or dispute regarding the Promotion or these Official Rules proceeds in court rather than through arbitration, there will not be a jury trial.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules, including but not limited to the agreement to arbitrate, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained herein.
- To obtain a copy of the Official Rules or a list of winner(s) following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope specifying “Official Rules” or “Winner List” to [CHARGED UP CAMPAIGN SWEEPSTAKES] Winner List or Official Rules Request, (5140 Yonge Street, Suite 1570,Toronto, ON M2N6L7) All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Promotion.