What you should know:
- Over 1,200 collection sites (retail, business and municipal) participate in the Call2Recycle program
- Sites collect all household batteries and cellphones for recycling
- cellphones and batteries must weigh less than 5 kg each
- Recycling is free
Have batteries to recycle? Find a drop-off location in your area by visiting our online locator or call our toll-free helpline 877.273.2925
Do you want to become a Call2Recycle® collection site?
- Currently pay a licensee fee to Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation (RBRC)?
- Sell batteries in British Columbia?
If you answered “yes” to both, if you haven’t done so already, your company is required by the Ministry of Environment to submit a signed appointment letter indicating that you have selected Call2Recycle/RBRC as your agent.
Documents & Links:
- 2010 British Columbia Annual Report (PDF)
- BC Municipality Agreement – Sample (PDF)
- All-Battery Collection Box Guidelines (PDF)
- Call2Recycle’s approval letter from the Ministry of Environment (PDF)
- Call2Recycle’s BC Stewardship Plan (PDF)
- BC Battery Recycling Regulations (PDF)
- BC Recycling Regulation Compliance Deadline for Electronics and Electrical Producers (PDF)