With Canadian headquarters in Toronto and offices in Montreal and Vancouver, Call2Recycle Canada has collection sites coast to coast. Below, you’ll find five facts about Call2Recycle’s history in Canada.
- Launched in 1997 in Canada, Call2Recycle is one of the oldest and most successful stewardship programs in the country
- Call2Recycle Canada has diverted almost 8.5 million kilograms of batteries from landfills since its inception and continues to divert 100% of batteries it collects
- Call2Recycle’s collection network includes over 7,000 collection sites in Canada
- 91% of Canadians live within a 15 kilometer radius of a drop-off site
- The first program of its kind to receive the Responsible Recycling Practices Standard (R2) certification, Call2Recycle meets or exceeds the most rigorous recycling standards in the world for the safe recycling and management of batteries.