Obligated enterprises that decide not to operate an individual program to recover and reclaim the products referred to in the Regulation must become members of an approved program. For household batteries, the approved program is that of Call2Recycle Canada, Inc.
To become members, enterprises must agree to do the following:
- By the 30th day following every calendar quarter, send to Call2Recycle Canada, Inc.:
- an accurate report of total products marketed in Quebec during the calendar quarter using the reporting form provided by Call2Recycle Canada, Inc.;
- a check equal to the fees (plus applicable taxes) owed Call2Recycle Canada, Inc. based on the fee schedule in place, amended from time to time, as provided by Call2Recycle Canada, Inc.;
- Keep proper books and records in respect of all products marketed in Quebec in accordance with good business practices and generally approved accounting procedures, and ensure these records shall be available at all reasonable times for examination or audit by Call2Recycle Canada, Inc. in accordance with Canadian Auditing Standards. This obligation remains even if a contributor by proxy reports the quantities of products marketed in Quebec and pays the fees on behalf.of the obligated enterprises;
- Bear their fair share of the two reserve funds set up by Call2Recycle Canada, Inc. on behalf of its members to comply with regulatory obligations.
Posted in: Members EN