Once collected, the batteries are sent to our recycling partners located throughout North America. There they are sorted by chemistry and melted down to make new products. Metals that are reclaimed from batteries during the recycling process include:
- Zinc – Found in alkaline primary batteries.
- Cadmium – Found in Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd) batteries.
- Cobalt – Found in Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) batteries.
- Lead – Found in Small Sealed Lead Acid (SSLA/Pb) batteries.
- Nickel – Found in Ni-Cd, Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) and Nickel Zinc (Ni-Zn) batteries.
Posted in: General