Spring into Battery Recycling Campaign Sweepstakes Official Rules
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. YOU MUST CORRECTLY ANSWER A SKILL TESTING QUESTION TO CLAIM A PRIZE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”). SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS.
- The SPRING INTO BATTERY RECYCLING CAMPAIGN SWEEPSTAKES (the “Promotion”) will begin on March 20, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. EST and end on May 31, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. EST
- The deadline for entries in the Promotion is May 15, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- The winners will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries after May 31, 2016.
- The Promotion is only open to legal residents of Canada who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Call2Recycle, Inc. (the “Administrator”) and its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities are ineligible to enter the Promotion. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations. The Promotion is not open to residents of other countries.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Administrator will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Administrator will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- If you have won a Call2Recycle contest in the past 3 months, you may not be eligible to win again.
- To the best of our ability, entries will be drawn in proportion to the numbers received from each province.
HOW TO ENTER
- To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following methods:
VIA WEBSITE – Go to www.call2recycle.ca/springcleaning, then follow the instructions to enter and submit your contact information (which shall include first name and last name, complete address, city, province, postal code, telephone number, date of birth, and a valid email address) in the online entry form and upload your story and/or a picture of batteries being recycled at a Call2Recycle battery collection site (visit www.call2recycle.ca for a list of collection sites). Internet entries will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning the email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned by the Administrator. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Administrator. The contest/sweepstake administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING
- Eight (8) winners will be selected. Each winner will receive one gift card with a value of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) Canadian dollars. The gift cards will be generic Visa gift cards. The Administrator is solely responsible for providing the prizes.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Administrator may, in its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above. Other restrictions may apply.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- The winners will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries after May 20, 2016.
- Winners will be notified via an email to the email address provided by participant. The winners must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and publicity release and correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone within ten (10) days of notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner(s) will be chosen by a random drawing of all remaining eligible entries. If a potential winner(s) cannot be contacted, fails to complete, sign and return any required affidavit of eligibility and publicity release or fails to correctly answer the time-limited mathematical skill-testing question within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner(s) will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
- Unless otherwise specified in the prize notification, all prizes will be mailed to the winners. The winners are responsible for providing a valid mailing address to the Administrator. The Administrator, its sponsor(s), or promotional partner(s) are not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- Decisions of Administrator management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s permission for the Administrator or its agents to photograph, film and record each winner, and to use his/her name, address (city and province), likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, the Administrator may, where legal, require a winner to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you:
- agree to grant the Administrator a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to edit, telecast, exhibit, rerun, reproduce, use, syndicate, license, print, distribute and otherwise exploit any items (including any photos, videos, audio, or written material) submitted as part of your contest entry (the “Materials”), or any portion thereof, in any manner and in any and all formats and media now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you or any third party;
- acknowledge that the Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to use the Materials at all; and
iii. represent and warrant that: you are 18 years of age or older and will sign the required releases; you have the full legal right, power and authority to grant to the Administrator the license provided for herein; you own or control the complete exhibition and other rights to the Materials you submitted for the purposes contemplated in this license; and neither the Materials nor the exercise of the rights granted herein shall infringe upon or violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of, or constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, any person or entity.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the Promotion, the Administrator in its sole discretion may require verification of Promotion winner’s or winners’ identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winner(s) agree to release and hold harmless the Administrator, its sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, any social media platform utilized in the conduct of the Promotion (including but not limited to Facebook, Inc. and Twitter.) and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. The Administrator may also require eligible Promotion winner(s), to sign a liability release confirming such consent.
- The Administrator, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of the Administrator’s website, Facebook Page, Twitter account and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Administrator further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the Administrator’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by the Administrator in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any Administrator website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Administrator reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Administrator, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Administrator reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, terminate, suspend or cancel the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals, or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from sending or receiving a text message; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Administrator’s control.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you understand and agree that:
- Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Promotion shall be settled by binding arbitration. The arbitration shall be conducted in the Province of Ontario, City of Toronto. THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non convenience.
- any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action (even if the rules and procedures of the arbitration tribunal allow class arbitrations);
iii. any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event and under no circumstances will entrants or winners be permitted to obtain awards for attorneys’ fees, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other form of damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased;
- if for any reason a claim or dispute regarding the Promotion or these Official Rules proceeds in court rather than through arbitration, there will not be a jury trial.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules, including but not limited to the agreement to arbitrate, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained herein.
- To obtain a copy of the Official Rules or a list of winner(s) following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope specifying “Official Rules” or “Winner List” to [SPRING INTO BATTERY RECYCLING CAMPAIGN SWEEPSTAKES] Winner List or Official Rules Request, [5140 Yonge St,, Suite 1570 Toronto, ON – M2N6L7]. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Promotion.