CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Eligibility Criteria:
To participate in the Call2Recycle Winnipeg Library Battery Recycling Contest in October 2017, libraries must be enrolled in Call2Recycle’s program prior to the start date of the contest date (October 16, 2017)
2. Contest and Collection Period:
The Call2Recycle Winnipeg Library Battery Recycling Contest collection period runs from Oct 16-29, 2017. Battery collection boxes must be scheduled for pickup on or before Nov 3, 2017 and returned to Call2Recycle, and creative entries must be submitted online by Oct 29, 2017.
3. Participation Criteria
- Contest entries must be submitted by a library employee with the approval of the library’s branch head
- Only (1) one entry per library is permitted
- Only single-use household batteries will be accepted
- Only batteries in Call2Recycle collection boxes will be accepted
4. To Participate:
- Make sure you are enrolled in the program prior to Oct 1, 2017. To request additional boxes or any additional information, please contact our customer service department via phone: 1.888.224.9764, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 weeks before the start of the program.
- From October 16-29, 2017 collect used single-use household batteries by establishing an exciting and creative battery recycling campaign.
- At the end of the campaign, battery collection boxes must be scheduled for pickup on or before Nov 3, 2017 and returned to Call2Recycle, and creative entries must be submitted online at by Oct 29, 2017.
There are three (3) prizes to be awarded; one (1) for batteries collected and two (2) for creativity. The library that collects the most batteries by weight will be declared the winner of the 2017 Winnipeg Waste Ace and will be presented a plaque. Two (2) libraries with the most creative, innovative and interesting battery recycling displays, stories and pictures submitted on-line will receive the honourable mention of 2017 Winnipeg Waste Ace Most Creative Display (as determined by a panel of judges).
6. Decision Date:
The winners of the Contest will be announced on November 21st, 2017
7. General Rules:
By participating in the Contest, participants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of Call2Recycle Canada, Inc., which are final. All participants release and forever discharge Call2Recycle Canada, Inc., their advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective affiliated companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from all claims, demands, damages, actions and cases of action arising or to arise by reason of their participation in the Contest and/or the administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, the selection and awarding of prizes. Call2Recycle Canada, Inc. shall in no way bear any liability whatsoever regarding any of the entries/Prizes. In no event shall Call2Recycle Canada, Inc. be liable for any special, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with this Contest and/or the Prizes, however arising, including negligence
Call2Recycle Canada, Inc. is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable mailing service or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspects of this Contest, as determined by Call2Recycle Canada, Inc. will be disqualified.
By participating in this Contest, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of information about you and your library by Call2Recycle Canada, Inc. for the purpose of administering this Contest.