Over 60,000 U.S. and Canadian retailers, businesses, communities and public agencies participate in the Call2Recycle® program
What are the Benefits?:
- Rechargeable batteries and cell phones* are properly and safely recycled at no charge to you
- An easy and free way to keep toxic waste from entering landfills and give reclaimed materials a second life
- Free collection kits and marketing materials to promote your sustainability efforts
- Free shipping (Collection Kit or Bulk – Not sure what is right for you? Use our interactive Shipping Wizard)
Does the amount of batteries and/or cell phones weigh 227 kg or more?Please contact our Customer Service Team (888.224.9764) to discuss the best shipping option for you.You should use our standard pre-paid Collection Kit. Each Collection Kit box holds up to 23 kg of batteries and cell phones.
- Choice to collect from the public to increase foot traffic
- Free recycling reporting and certification
*Cell phones in good condition are refurbished and resold.
How Do I Get Started?
Collecting rechargeable batteries and cell phones is easy as 1-2-3 and it’s free!
Once your location is setup, you will receive a Call2Recycle collection kit with a pre-paid, pre-addressed shipping label, plastic bags, kit guidelines and poster. If your location generates large quantities, we also offer bulk shipping. Public collection sites will have their contact information listed on our toll-free helpline, 877.2.RECYCLE, and our website, call2recycle.ca.
STEP 2: Start Collecting!
Every collection kit comes with program guidelines to assist you in setting up the program at your location.
STEP 3: Ship Your Batteries and Cell Phones
Once your collection kit or bulk container is full, ship it to the recycling facility. Please reference our shipping tips to ensure that batteries and cell phones are safely and properly packed. Bulk shippers, or those using their own containers, should contact our Customer Service Team (888.224.9764) for shipping reimbursement information.