- 8000 fade
- 8000 fade
- 8000 fade
- 8000 fade
Recycling Batteries has never been easier
There are over 1,600 locations where you can recycle your batteries in BC. Call2Recycle will accept any used batteries (weighing less than 5 kg each) and cellphones at no charge. So what are you waiting for?
Do you want to become a Call2Recycle® collection site?
- Used batteries and cellphones are properly and safely recycled at no charge to you
- An easy way to keep potentially hazardous waste from entering landfills and give reclaimed materials a second life
- Collection kits and marketing materials provided at no charge
- Free shipping (Collection Kit or Bulk)
- Choice to collect from the public to increase foot traffic or to collect internally
- Reporting and downstream tracking, including Certificates of Recycling
- Program Benefits:
- Currently pay a licensee fee to Call2Recycle Canada, Inc.?
- Sell batteries in British Columbia?
If you answered “yes” to both, if you haven’t done so already, your company is required by the Ministry of Environment to submit a signed appointment letter indicating that you have selected Call2Recycle as your agent. Questions? Please contact our Customer Service Team (888.224.9764)
What is an Industry Steward?
Battery and/or product manufacturers – or what Call2Recycle refers to as their Industry Stewards – have united to ensure that the batteries they are introducing into the marketplace are responsibly recycled when they reach their end of life. Licensees specifically refer to those manufacturers who are financially supporting the Call2Recycle program through the licensing and placement of battery seals on their rechargeable batteries and/or battery-powered products.
What are the Benefits?
- Producer Responsibility: demonstrates your commitment to environmentally-sound recycling of batteries.
- Regulatory Solution: fulfills manufacturers’ recycling requirements in the U.S. and Canada, including compliance with state, provincial and federal regulations, including The Battery Act
- Simplicity: allows manufacturers to manage complexities by supporting one program
What batteries do you recycle?
- Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd)
- Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH)
- Nickel Zinc (Ni-Zn)
- Lithium Ion (Li-Ion)
- Small Sealed Lead Acid (SSLA/Pb)
- Single-Use Batteries (like alkalines)
Documents & Downloads:
- 2013 British Columbia Annual Report (PDF)
- Call2Recycle Annual Report 2012 for British Columbia (PDF)
- British Columbia’s Recycling Handbook (online flip version)
- 2011 British Columbia Annual Report
- Licensee/Industry Steward Quick Reference (PDF) — with program expansion and new regulations in various provinces in Canada, download this quick reference guide to help navigate the requirements.
- 2010 British Columbia Annual Report (PDF)
- BC Municipality Agreement – Sample (PDF)
- All-Battery Collection Box Guidelines (PDF)
- Call2Recycle’s approval letter from the Ministry of Environment (PDF)
- Call2Recycle’s BC Stewardship Plan (PDF)
- BC Battery Recycling Regulations (PDF)
- BC Recycling Regulation Compliance Deadline for Electronics and Electrical Producers (PDF)
to find the battery and cellphone recycling locations nearest you...
Did you know?
Battery collections in Vancouver increased by 14% in 2012 to over 28,000 kg
Retriev Technologies, located in Trail, BC, is the only facility in the world that recycles both primary & secondary lithium batteries.
BC collected over 350,000 kg in 2012 = weight of 35 empty school buses!
56% of Canadians go beyond replacing what they bring to retailers to recycle and buy other items
Batteries contain metals like zinc, lead and copper that can be reused to make new products. See how we recycle your batteries…
You may also like...
- British Columbia Takes the Green Approach
- Canadians kick-start 2014 with strongest January in battery recycling history
- Federal Government Launches Battery Recycling Initiative with Call2Recycle Canada
- Canada’s Universities Make the Grade in Battery Recycling
- Battery Recycling Program Celebrates 17 Consecutive Years of Increased Collections